What is PowerApps?
Microsoft PowerApps and Flow can be classified as “Low code development platforms”. These platforms enable rapid delivery of business applications with a minimum of hand-coding. At Microsoft, PowerApps and Flow are part of what is called the “Business Application Framework”, which consists out of the following elements:
- Power BI
Power BI is a suite of business analytics tools that deliver insights throughout your organization.
- With PowerApps you are able to build business applications through a business driven interface, drastically minimizing the amount of coding.
- Microsoft Flow allows you to create automated workflows between your favorite apps and services to get notifications, synchronize files, collect data, and more
- Common Data Service
- The Common Data Service is the underlying ‘Operational Data Store’ for the Business Application Framework.
Benefits of PowerApps
When successfully embedded into your organization, a numerous amount of benefits can be expected through PowerApps and Flow.
- Application development cost
Expect a huge decrease in application development through low coding.
- Cross-platform, cross-device readiness
Apps build with PowerApps are immediately available across all Operating Systems and can be developed for smartphone, desktop and tablet devices.
- Real agile application delivery
Expect your application development cycle to be reduced to weeks instead of months. Now that’s agile!
- Data security increase
Due to the easiness of on-boarding data coming from unsecured data sources (eg. Excel, Access, …) onto the Business Application Framework, you are able to drastically decrease the risk of losing data in your organization.
Appfie is a recognized Microsoft partner and has its specialty in PowerApps and Flow. Even though these platforms are relatively new, we are not. We have been following the creation of these platforms as from the early days and we continue to follow it as it grows quickly towards one of the best low code platforms in the world.